Revealing a Bride’s Natural BeautyMay 2, 2018 / byHealthier Societies / Categories : Dental
There are many occasions when we feel under pressure to look our best: a job interview, a first date, a birthday celebration. How about a wedding? For a woman, there is probably no more important event for which she wants to look good, knowing that all eyes will be on her. She’s been planning this day her whole life and wants every detail to be perfect.
So, what’s on the wedding planning list? Dress? Check. Flowers? Check. Hair and makeup? Check. Smile – what about the appearance of her teeth? It may not be the first thing a bride considers, but the appearance of her smile is going to make a big impact on her look for the day and on the wedding photos. Great news that the cosmetic dentist in Manchester is geared up for just such occasions.
A smile makeover is just like a wardrobe makeover but for the teeth. The cosmetic dentist in Manchester looks at the face, mouth, teeth and gums as a whole and considers what treatments will best bring out the natural beauty of the smile. Perfect for a wedding day grin.
Depending on the amount of time a bride has before her big day, this could contain any of the following:
- Teeth straightening with cosmetic braces such as Invisalign or Six Month Smiles;
- Teeth whitening with a powerful in-clinic treatment or a gentler one at home over two weeks;
- Porcelain veneers that cover up cracks, chips and small gaps;
- White fillings to replace mercury amalgam one to get rid of that glinty metal smile;
- Dental implants to replace the roots of missing or decayed teeth;
- Hand-crafted porcelain crowns and bridges to replace the visible part of the tooth;
- Gum contouring to reduced excess gum tissue and reveal more of the beauty of the natural tooth.
Teeth whitening can be done in around an hour in the dentist’s chair, which is perfect for those brides who don’t have much time to spare. Treatment for teeth straightening takes anything from 4-18 months, depending on how much work needs to be done and dental implants can take up to six months to heal. Other treatments take one or two trips to the cosmetic dentist in Manchester.