Smiling with Comfort and Confidence: The Wonders of Dental ImplantsApril 3, 2018 / byHealthier Societies / Categories : Medical
It is never fun to have missing teeth. Other than making you feel embarrassed when smiling in public, it can make you feel uncomfortable when eating or speaking.
Good thing dental implants can help, whether you are missing a single tooth, several teeth, or even all your choppers. The best thing is they look, feel, and function like your natural teeth.
Dental implants are a great solution if:
- An accident leads to tooth loss. You may lose your teeth due to an injury or accident in sports or other daily activities. Dental implants can help restore the lost function and appearance. They can let you enjoy life and any other things you love without worrying about your teeth.
- A dental disease results in tooth loss. Tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems can cause you to lose your teeth. Dental implants are a reliable solution, as they replace not just the tooth, but also the root. This then gives you a beautiful and natural-looking smile.
- You have congenitally missing teeth. Certain conditions lead to underdevelopment of teeth or even malformation. In this case, dental implants can provide a stable foundation for replacement teeth. Glenlake Dental Care and some of the most trusted implant dentists in Northbrook, IL note that this can help you smile comfortably, as implants are the closest option to natural teeth.
With dental implants, there is no need to grind or shave down healthy teeth to support a replacement. This is because they replace the lost tooth root, which infuses with the jawbone and preserves healthy bone.
Here are the other advantages of dental implants:
- Help retain the face shape
- Get rid of the discomfort caused by poor-fitting dentures
- Make new teeth stable for eating, speaking, and smiling
- Keep teeth where they belong (not in a glass with water, especially for dentures)
It is true that dental implants cost more than conventional bridges and dentures, but they are the more cost-effective solution. This is because they can last a lifetime with proper care. Contact a dental implant dentist today and find out how dental implants can help you smile with comfort and confidence.